189-4 ATM Equipment Requirements Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Extensive training and experience in the field of air traffic control covering aerodrome, approach and area procedural and radar control.
2. Experience at senior or supervisory level at a major ATC facility or civil aviation headquarters.
3. Familiarity with ICAO air navigation plans, airspace organization and planning, coordination with other airspace users and with adjacent centres, planning of ATS route networks and utilization of radar and data processing in air traffic control.
4. Ability to conduct technical discussions and negotiations with high government officials.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Participate in making a survey of the present air traffic services system and prepare a detailed description of its facilities and services, particularly those relating to air traffic control, communications, operations, aeronautical meteorology and search and rescue.
2. Describe the present organizational structure, manning and training situation of the ATS system.
3. On the basis of surveys performed and discussions held, prepare detailed proposals for the upgrading and modernization of the ATS system in terms of hardware, software, human resources, training, organizational structure and management, as well as their estimated cost.
4. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.