189-12 Ground Handling Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree or equivalent qualifications in aviation management, business or related field.
2. Extensive experience at responsible level in airport operations with emphasis on airport management and reorganization, including expertise in determining airport equipment requirements.
3. Sufficiently familiar with the formulation and update of airport operations manual.
4. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
May include some, or all, of the elements listed below in advising and assisting with:
1. Supervision of airport ground operations programme which includes general planning, development, and organization of all activities related to ground operations.
2. Set up bases and controls for standardizing airport operational procedures.
3. Coordinate administration development and training programmes.
4. Participate in the coordination and construction plans at all airports.
5. Develop and coordinate airfield related activities such as internal transport and airside installations.
6. Develop and coordinate airport operational related activities such as terminal operations, site allocations, vehicle and equipment movements, signs, flight information display systems (FIRS), environmental controls, CNS/ATM buildings and facilities.
7. Develop airport ground safety rules and standards with their associated programmes, periodic airport facilities inspections, staff training where appropriate; determining deficiencies and avoiding future operational problems.
8. Participate in the preparation of airport master plan to include standards specifications, general scope of operations, and amendments to such plans to support the operation process.
9. Coordinate with appropriate departments and agencies in investigating and evaluating accidents and analyzing the results.
10. Develop recommendations for airport reorganization, including determination of airport equipment requirements.
11. Coordinate the preparation, updating, and distribution of airport operations manuals.
12. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.