189-12 Cabin Safety Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Significant aviation experience as cabin crew and cabin crew supervisor in an airline.
2. Significant experience in recent developments related to cabin safety.
3. Significance experience in training cabin crew.
4. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and liaise with business areas to review existing course syllabi and/or develop project scope and related syllabi to continue to meet the learner needs, service delivery objectives as well as identifying short and long term future requirements.
2. Responsible for the instructional design and implementation of training programmes for cabin crew, flight deck and third parties as appropriate to ensure service delivery and corporate objectives are met.
3. Responsible for quality assurance, ensuring all state civil aviation authority regulatory standards/changes and all related service delivery initiatives are incorporated into relevant training modules/programmes to ensure accuracy and currency of course content.
4. Deliver a range of training courses relevant to the area of trainer expertise so as to meet all necessary regulations and standards, ensuring alignment with service delivery and corporate objectives. Identify delivery platform options to maximise a learner centred approach and to minimise operational impact.
5. Maintain continued professional development by updating knowledge and skills in relevant area of expertise and responsibility and across the Airline industry. Disseminate this knowledge to colleagues and trainees.
6. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.