189-11 Airport Privatization / Ops / Commercialization Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree in business administration or equivalent professional qualifications in a financial management field.
2. Familiarity with civil aviation fees and charges and revenue generation at airports from aeronautical and non-aeronautical sources. Familiarity with the organization of commercial areas in airports.
3. Experience at a responsible level in the financial management of a government department, an airline, an airport or a corporation.
4. Experience in the development of revenues at airports.
6. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
May include some, or all, of the elements listed below in advising and assisting with:
1. Review aeronautical fees and charges and other revenue-generating sources at airport; review the existing commercial revenue projections included in the master plan update.
2. Define the future strategy for commercial areas inside the passenger terminal area that will maximize the commercial revenues taking into account the current situation. The future commercial strategy should review aspects such as:
a) type of commercial offer that best suits the passenger profiles
b) commercial mix and proposed retail
c) definition of commercial areas in terminal building layout: size, location, nature
d) fees, canons and other duties that airport authority should apply on tenants.
3. Prepare conceptual planning sketches for the organization (or the reorganization) of the commercial areas / concessions at airport. Indicate the requirements for the future commercial areas.
4. Define the guidelines under which the new commercial areas should be developed: by the airport; under one or several main developers; recommendations on concession and rental schemes (terms, duration, etc.).
5. Provide new commercial revenue projections for airport resulting from the implementation of the proposed commercial strategy.
6. Prepare a site visit report, indicating the findings with regards to the existing and future commercial areas of airport.
7. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.