189-4 Airspace Planning Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Extensive training and experience in the field of air traffic control.
2. Experience at senior or supervisory level at a major ATC facility or civil aviation headquarters.
3. Familiarity with ICAO air navigation plans, airspace organization and planning, coordination with other airspace users and with adjacent centres, planning of ATS route networks and utilization of radar and data processing in air traffic control.
4. Ability to conduct technical courses and prepare training material.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Review existing regulations and conduct gap analysis on the PANS-OPS and airspace organization components of the regulations.
2. Develop draft regulations.
3. Conduct workshop with stakeholders for review and familiarization.
4. Collect material from ICAO and other industry sources for certification of air navigation services.
5. Develop inspector manuals, procedures and checklists for certification of ANS as well as for continuous surveillance of ANS with reference to the PANS-OPS components of the updated regulations.
6. Conduct workshop for ANS inspectors on documents prepared.
7 Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.