189-5 Approvals of Maintenance Organizations Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Holder of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license with airframe and engine type ratings or equivalent certification authority.
2. Fifteen years' experience in the maintenance and quality control / assurance of aircraft and aeronautical products in an airline environment, at least five of which will have been in management.
3. Some experience with the airworthiness maintenance regulatory authority of an ICAO member state would be an advantage.
4. Extensive knowledge of airworthiness maintenance regulations and standards with some experience in the writing of maintenance procedures either in an airworthiness authority or maintenance organization.
5. Thorough and practical knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and associated guidance material related to airworthiness maintenance inspection principles and procedures.
6. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
May include some, or all, of the elements listed below in advising and assisting with:
1. Establish and manage the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Organization within the Maintenance Department reporting directly to the Managing Director, including the selection of quality inspectors from qualified airline staff.
2. Review the recently completed draft of the company engineering manual and make any amendments required to ensure the manual complies with ICAO Document 9760 Airworthiness Manual.
3. Using the manufacturer's maintenance planning document (or similar document), develop a maintenance manual for each aircraft type operated. The type manual shall include:
a) the registration letters and serial number of each aircraft covered by the manual;
b) the maintenance classification and, if applicable, the maintenance period of all components fitted to the aircraft; and
c) copies of all routine and non-routine maintenance check sheets.
4. Give guidance to Technical Director in the establishment of a centralized maintenance record and planning section within the airline responsible for all aircraft types operated.
5. Develop procedures and provide training to company Quality Control / Assurance Inspectors in carrying out their duties.
6. Assist with the establish of a central maintenance reference library.
7. Produce a Maintenance Audit Plan and, with the assistance of the airline’s quality assurance group staff, carry out comprehensive audits of all areas of the maintenance organization.
8. Develop appropriate maintenance procedures to assist maintenance staff in performing their duties.
9. Establish a training program which will ensure that personnel involved in aviation maintenance are provided with familiarization training on company maintenance procedures, including the purpose, format, contents and use of the Maintenance Procedures Manual.
10. Review the existing workload of the maintenance staff, and if appropriate, make recommendations to the Managing Director regarding optimization of the maintenance staff roles and functions.
11. Supervise the implementation of project outputs as they are completed.
13. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.