189-11 Fire Vehicles Maintenance Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Considerable first hand practical experience as a member of the emergency response team or rescue and fire fighting and/or security team at a major international airport requiring 24-hour services.
2. Minimum of ten years experience in operations, maintenance, and installation of crash / fire / rescue vehicles.
3. At least five years of above experience must be at airports or at aviation facilities operations and maintenance.
4. Must be familiar with mechanical spare parts.
5. Familiarity with ICAO and other international standards in crash / fire / rescue.
6. Ability to prepare reports is essential.
7. Good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
May include some, or all, of the elements listed below in advising and assisting with:
1. Inspects, monitors the operations and maintenance of all the crash / fire / rescue vehicles.
2. Establishes procedures for preventive maintenance of crash / fire / rescue vehicles.
3. Reviews preventive maintenance programme and make recommendations for necessary modifications.
4. Trains nationals as counterparts where required.
5. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.