189-5 Aircraft Maintenance Training Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree in aeronautical or mechanical engineering or equivalent professional qualifications in aircraft engineering and maintenance.
2. At least ten years' experience in the maintenance of modern air transport.
3. At least five years' experience as instructor in the field of aircraft maintenance at a well‑established civil aviation, airline or technical institute.
4. Experience in the preparation and organization of training programmes and courses in the field of aircraft maintenance.
5. Familiar with ICAO Annex 1, 8 and other related ICAO documents.
6. Familiar with ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programmes, particularly as regards aircraft airworthiness and maintenance organizations.
7. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Conduct an initial review of Aircraft Maintenance Training Programme, facilities and installation at facilities and assess their suitability or otherwise for efficient and quality training of aircraft maintenance technicians in accordance with the latest requirements and standards.
2. Prepare an initial evaluation report on the aircraft maintenance programme, facilities, installations, course syllabi and instructors and discuss it with government authorities before finalizing it.
3. Develop a proposal for the project involving the provision of a long-term Aircraft Maintenance Expert for the duration considered necessary to plan and initiate the implementation of the upgrading and updating of the Aircraft Maintenance Training.
4. Perform other related duties.
In accordance with ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) salary system.