189-4 Search and Rescue (SAR) Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Extensive experience at a management or supervisory level in search and rescue services including planning, operations, monitoring and evaluation of the search and rescue and rescue coordination centre services.
2. Should be a qualified SAR Mission Coordinator with minimum of five years experience at a rescue coordination centre.
3. Experienced in collection and evaluation of data during search and rescue operations and planning. auditing or inspection experience. Knowledge of auditing techniques.
4. Sound knowledge of the administrative requirements of a SAR organization (legislation, SAR plans, documentation etc.).
5. Sound knowledge of the operational requirements of a SAR organization (manuals, plans, procedures equipment, personnel etc.).
6. Knowledge of international conventions and accords related to SAR.
7. Sound knowledge of associated ICAO documents particularly Annex 12 and the IAMSAR Manual Doc. 9731.
8. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Evaluate current system against ICAO Annex 12 Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) with a view to determining any possible shortcomings and deficiencies.
2. Provide guidance with respect to resolution of any perceived, possible shortcomings and deficiencies.
3. Provide sample documents, memoranda and agreements that would assist atate authorities in resolution of any perceived, possible shortcomings and deficiencies.
4. Engage in discussion with state authorities with respect to prospective SAR initiatives of value within the state and region.
5. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.