189-4 ATS Incident and Accident Investigation Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Experience on performing inspection of operational safety in air traffic control units of great density of air traffic flow.
2. Experience in establishing methodology to perform the investigation of an ATS incident and on elaborating the safety recommendations.
3. Knowledge of the ICAO Integrated Safety Management program including familiarity with all aspect related to the implementation and functions of the State Safety Program (SSP) and Safety Management Systems (SMS).
4. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Evaluate the operational safety level of the ATS units against SMS safety performance target if identified.
2. Identify operational anomalies in ATS units which could cause incidents.
3. Make recommendations to improve the level of operational safety by utilizing the safety management systems approach of hazard/consequence identification and mitigation techniques.
4. Evaluate the present methodology of investigating air traffic incidents and the inspection of operational safety in ATS units, issuing recommendations for its improvements. Methodologies should emphasize the concept the just cause approach.
5. Submit reports on the safety level of the ATS units visited with recommendations to eliminate all identified anomalies.
6. Submit a report for the methodology improvement of the safety inspection in ATS units and incidents investigation.
NOTE: All information obtained is of exclusive usage of the host country's aeronautical administration. The expert should agree to sign a legal agreement of secrecy on all information accessed and on the issued reports.
7. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.