189-4 Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Significant aviation experience as a pilot or air traffic controller.
2. Airline transport pilot license with significant aviation experience as a pilot and flight operations inspector with a national civil aviation authority (CAA) desirable.
3. Significant experience as an instrument flight procedure design specialist with extensive knowledge of ICAO PBN requirements (Doc 9613), PANS-OPS (Doc 8168), ICAO RNP AR Procedure Design (Doc 9905) and Flight Procedure Design Quality Assurance (Doc 9906).
4. Significant experience as an instrument flight procedure design instructor in both ICAO PANS-OPS (Doc 8168) and ICAO RNP AR criteria (Doc 9905).
5. Significant experience in the development of PBN RNP-AR approaches including the review and approval of the operational requirements
6. Experience as an air traffic controller desirable.
7. Significant experience as an instrument flight procedures design specialist with a national CAA with extensive knowledge of ICAO PBN requirements and PANS-OPS.
8. Experience working with foreign CAAs.
9. Ability to provide PBN guidance and training.
10. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Provide PBN Flight Validation.
2. Provide PBN Operational Approval Course.
3. Design of PBN procedures.
4. Implementation of PBN procedures.
5. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.