189-4 ATM Simulator Requirements Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Ten years or more experience as a licensed and rated air traffic controller including duties as radar controller in a modern ATC environment as well as instructional duties in radar simulation and one year at the training management/administrative level.
2. Instructional experience shall have been gained as ATC radar simulator instructor using primary and secondary radar system simulators with digital and analogue radar displays and radar tracking simulation capabilities.
3. Extensive experience in developing detailed specifications and in the commissioning of modern ATC radar simulators and experience in the development of radar simulation training programmes.
4. Experience in the development of specifications of classroom training aids such as student response systems performance, slide / transparency marking equipment, video training sets and desktop publishing computer hardware will be desirable.
5. Proven ability to write concise detailed technical reports.
6. Computer programming and system analysis experience desirable.
7. Sound knowledge of ICAO documentation pertaining to ATC radar operation .
8. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Development of detailed specifications, in ICAO format, for the provision and installation of an ATC radar simulator, including the required software training package.
2. Advise the Civil Aviation Training Centre (CATC) on building facilities required in the preparation for the ATC radar simulator installation.
3. Provide assistance, as required, on operational aspects to national staff in the development of detailed specifications, in ICAO format, for classroom training equipment, including student response systems, slide / transparency making equipment, video training sets and desktop publishing computer hardware.
4. Prepare a detailed mission report with recommendations concerning the simulator and as well as its installation and commissioning.
5. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.