189-4 Air Traffic Controller - Area/Route Radar (Prospective Post)
1. Professional qualifications and training as air traffic controller.
2. ATC license with rating in area/route radar control and ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4.
3. At least five years experience in area/route radar control at a mid-size airport, preferably with joint civil/military traffic.
4. Experience in the on-the-job training controllers and as supervisor.
5. Ratings and experience in tower and approach control an advantage.
6. Familiarity with ICAO Annexes 1 and 11 and related ICAO documents and manuals.
7. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Obtain, as soon as possible, area/route radar control rating for selected airport.
2. Perform area/route radar controller’s duties at airport being rated.
3. Maintain coordination with military controller, if applicable, and other ATC units.
4. Provide on-the-job training on area/route radar control to nationals who have had basic air traffic control training.
5. Assess performance of the trainee controllers and recommend, or otherwise, their rating as area/route radar controllers.
6. Hand over area/route radar control duties to nationals who have been rated, while retaining a supervisory role.
7. Ensure that ATC procedures and instructions at areac control centre are up-to-date and in conformity with ICAO requirements, as well as responding to the needs of other users of the airport.
8. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.