189-4 Air Traffic Controller - Aerodrome Tower (Prospective Post)
1. Professional qualifications and training as air traffic controller.
2. ATC license with rating in tower control and ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4.
3. At least five years experience in tower control at a mid-size airport, preferably with joint civil/military traffic.
4. Experience in the on-the-job training controllers and as supervisor.
5. Ratings and experience in approach radar and area/route radar control an advantage.
6. Familiarity with ICAO Annexes 1 and 11 and related ICAO documents and manuals.
7. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgement/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Obtain, as soon as possible, aerodrome control rating for selected airport.
2. Perform tower controller’s duties at airport being rated.
3. Maintain coordination with military controller, if applicable, and other ATC units.
4. Provide on-the-job training on tower control to nationals who have had basic air traffic control training.
5. Assess performance of the trainee controllers and recommend, or otherwise, their rating as tower controllers.
6. Hand over tower control duties to nationals who have been rated, while retaining a supervisory role.
7. Ensure that ATC procedures and instructions at control tower are up-to-date and in conformity with ICAO requirements, as well as responding to the needs of other users of the airport.
8. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.