189-9 Machine Readable Travel Documents (MRTD) Expert (Prospective Post)
1. In-depth understanding of the Machine Readable Travel Documents (MRTD) Programme of ICAO.
2. Experience in implementing the standards and specifications in Doc 9303 (Part 1, Vol. 1 & 2).
3. Adequate computer literacy and MS Office software skills.
4. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision –making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
Under the direction of the Director, Technical Co-operation Bureau:
1. Ensure that the technical specifications and requirements for production of the e-passport in the tender dossier conform to the current ICAO/ISO specifications regarding e-passport technology, such as biometric identifier, as well as include electronic features associated with implementation of the ICAO Public Key Directory (PKD) System, along with the traditional printed security features.
2. Develop technical evaluation criteria to be used for review and assessment of the tender proposals for production of the e-passport, with particular reference to ensuring its compliance with current ICAO MRTD specifications.
3. Based on the agreed criteria, conduct technical evaluation of the proposals received from potential providers of the e-passport booklets, and prepare and submit to the client a Technical Evaluation Report and Recommendations.
4. Perform any other duties relevant to the project implementation.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.