189-9 eGovernment and Software Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Advanced knowledge of various systems related to implementing eBorder and ePassport.
2. Knowledge of standards and recommended practices, procedures and manuals of ICAO.
3. Ability to act as an analyst at the field level, integration of products and systems
4. Possess advanced level of competence in the areas of eGovernment and must have at least two (2) years related experience.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
This expert will act as field-level analyst to help other experts and to coordinate cooperative work for the eBorder (Immigration) and the ePassport System.
1. Review policies and laws related to the work of eBorder (immigration), the integrated identification and civil registration, the issuance of passports, and analyze the data exchange between government agencies.
2. Coordinate meetings between consultants and government officials to understand the progress of work of ePassport and eBorder in accordance with the principles and standards for e-Government established by a government.
3. Coordinate the stable integration of the information system eBorder (immigration) and ePassport management system based on e-Government IT architecture.
4. Coordinate with other consultants support to establish the implementation plan and in preparing the draft terms of reference for international bidding.
5. Perform other activities as required.
The expert will undertake the following main activities for the project under the direction and coordination of a Team Leader (eBorder, Identity Management and ePassport)
1. Analysis "as is" (legacy system and analysis of facilities).
2. Propose a transition plan to issue passports.
3. Model "to be" (design proposal specifications) to be considered in the bidding documents.
4. Development of project proposal document for the next phase of activities.
5. Proposed technical specifications for international bidding.
6. Progress Reports.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.