189-9 ePassport Specialist (Prospective Post)
1. Advanced knowledge of various systems related to the implementation of ePassport.
2. Knowledge of standards and recommended practices, procedures and manuals of ICAO.
3. Ability to act as an analyst at the field level, requirements, basic processes and related systems modeling ePassport system, facilities and product integration.
4. The expert must have at least a bachelor's degree in any of the fields of engineering or administration.
6. Experts with advanced level of competence in the relevant areas must be at least five (5) years of experience in related fields.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
This expert will be responsible for systems analysis of identity management, civil registration and ePassport issuance. Also act as an analyst at the requirements field level, basic processes and systems modeling of related electronic passport systems and facilities.
1. Analysis of the operation of existing passports, processes and operation and management of identification.
2. Analysis of the operation current passport issuance process and the status of the operation.
3. Introduction of the design of the operation and of the issuance process for the establishment of ePassport.
4. Security design (key management - Public Key Infrastructure - PKI) in the standard ePassport system as recommended by ICAO and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
5. Define business requirements for the implementation of the ePassport operating system, and to contribute in their field for the development of terms of reference for international bidding.
6. Perform other activities as required.
The expert will undertake the following main activities for a project under the direction and coordination of a Team Leader (eFrontier, Identity Management and ePassport)
1. Analysis "as is" (legacy system and analysis of facilities).
2. Propose a transition plan to issue passports.
3. Model "to be" (design proposal specifications) to be considered in the bidding documents.
4. Development of project proposal document for the next phase of activities.
5. Proposed technical specifications for international bidding.
6. Progress Reports.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.