189-16 Civil Aviation Human Resources Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree or equivalent professional qualifications related to civil aviation human resources.
2. A minimum of ten years experience in a senior management position in a civil aviation authority or major airports, preferably with responsibility for planning, administration and/or organization of civil aviation services and in manpower development and planning in the civil aviation environment.
3. Experience in human resources planning, development, training and management in a civil aviation department or airport.
4. Experience in preparation and implementation of training plans.
5. Experience in the personnel administration of a civil aviation department, airport or airline.
6. Familiar with the functions and responsibilities of a civil aviation authority(CAA).
7. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Assess the human resources available to the civil aviation authority and identify deficiencies that exist in the number and qualifications of its personnel.
2. Assess the requirement for personnel in the various fields and disciplines for which the CAA will be responsible taking into account airport staffing levels and the expanded regulatory and safety oversight responsibilities required now of ICAO member states.
3. Propose a recruitment and training plan to meet the human resources requirements of the CAA for its efficient and safe operation and management.
4. Propose appropriate and feasible personnel policies, procedures, and pay scales for application in the autonomous CAA,
5. Develop in consultation with the ministry of public works and transport, the CAA, other government departments and stakeholders concerned plans for the transfer of civil aviation department personnel and other government personnel involved to the CAA.
6. Assist to the extent possible in the implementation of the transfer, recruitment and training plans of personnel in the interim and start up phases.
7. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.