189-10 Procurement Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or related area.
2. Minimum of five years experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration, logistics and supply chain management, or administration in the public of private sector.
3. Knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services.
4. Knowledge of contract law and expertise in handling contract issues. Knowledge of quantitative methods to measure supplier capacity systems and ability to identify sources of supply, market trends and pricing.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
6. Initiative, tact, sound judgement and the ability to foster and maintain harmonious working relationships.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of projects.
2. Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
3. Formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
4. Establishes and maintains work programme and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones.
5. Identifies new technologies, and products/services, evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
6. Oversees adherence to contractual agreements, recommends amendments and extensions of contracts, and advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
7. Prepares a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
8. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.