189-16 Technical Writing Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree in technical writing or other relevant discipline that emphasizes writing in mother tongue.
2. Minimum of five years of practical experience in technical writing.
3. Experience in writing clear and concise technical papers, specifications, user manuals, and training materials.
4. Experience in developing short training/learning videos using software programs.
5. Ability to anticipate and assess documentation requirements.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Create, revise or edit existing technical manuals or documents.
2. Study graphics, mock-ups, drawings and specifications for appropriate documentation.
3. Organize material and produce documentation according to set standards.
4. Select drawings, photographs, diagrams, charts to illustrate technical manuals.
5. Arrange for printing and distribution of manuals.
6. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.