189-16 Library Sciences Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree in library or information science.
2. Extensive experience as a librarian in the organization and operation of technical school libraries, and preferably at a civil aviation authority or aviation training centre.
3. A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in library work and electronic resource management.
4. Good knowledge of relevant software applications to electronic information databases, online library resources and intranet resources.
4. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Set up, organize and operate a technical reference library for the use of civil aviation personnel.
2. Establish an efficient system for the best and widest possible use of the technical library.
3. Perform other related work as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.