189-14 Personnel Licensing Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Holder of qualifications in a technical or operations field of aviation.
2. At least three years experience in the development and application of national regulations relating to personnel licensing.
3. Experience in all aspects of the qualification process for personnel licenses and their subsequent issue and renewal.
4. Thorough knowledge of ICAO SARPs particularly those of Annex 1, as well as ICAO guidance materials related to licensing.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Review the organizational structure of the personnel licensing section, its record keeping and the capacity of its personnel to undertake licensing functions.
2. Review licensing requirements and procedures to determine their conformity with latest ICAO SARPs and guidance materials for the issue, validation and renewal of licenses including medical examination of licence applicants and holders.
3. Advise and assist in drafting revised personnel licensing regulations, procedures and requirements for all the licenses, ratings and certificates which are issued by the DCA, and for the designation of organizations and/or individuals for licensing-related tasks.
4. Advise and assist in the establishment of a centralized licensing authority within the DCA to enable it to carry out all the necessary functions of a fully functioning personnel licensing department.
5. Advise and assist in the development of procedures and guidelines for the processing of applications for licenses and ratings.
6. Advise and assist in the establishment of a formal training programme for personnel licensing staff.
7. Provide on-the-job training to national counterpart and assign and train technical and secretarial support staff as necessary.
8. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.