189-2 CNS/ATM Implementation Planning/Training Expert (Prospective Post)
1. Professional or advanced technical, operational and managerial qualifications in Communications, Navigation, Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM).
2. Detailed knowledge of CNS/ATM systems, including planning of transition to a global CNS/ATM system.
3. Experience in the preparation and implementation of technical/operational workshops.
4. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Advise on the preparation of a comprehensive coordinated action plan for ensuring that national Communications, Navigation, Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) systems are brought fully in line with the relevant ICAO requirements.
2. Assist in the identification and assessment of the national and international requirements of airspace users with a view to reconciling these with national policy and international standards.
3. Assist in the development of operating procedures and practices consistent with the operation and servicing of the particular technical system selected.
4. Assist in the formulation of a timetable clearly defining the roles and responsibilities of the various parties involved in the implementation, and the phases to be gone through.
5. Develop and present suggestions with a view to fostering further co-operation with neighboring States in control of adjoining flight information regions aimed at achieving compatibility among national systems and operating procedures.
6. Assist in the identification of human resource requirements and training necessary to enable existing personnel to support the implementation and the continuing operation of a fully ICAO-compliantCNS/ATM environment.
7. Participate in and contribute to the development of the CNS/ATM-related training required for the adoption and phasing-in of the systems selected.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.