189-4 ATS Communications Specialist (Prospective Post)
1. Twelve years communications experience in progressively more complex facilities.
2. Experience in planning communications systems, especially with automated ATC systems, remote and satellite communications, AFTN and landlines.
3. Knowledge of real-time programming and computer software/hardware relationship.
4. Familiarity with ICAO standards, recommended practices and procedural requirements.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Plan and develop requirements for ATC tower, ACC, AFTN/AMHS, RTT and ATC direct speech facilities, and in the operation of automatic and semi-automatic switching centres, including computerized equipment.
2. Establish and implement plans for the organization, administration and operation of AERCOM networks and services, including leasing of circuits.
3. Assist with the development and improvement of the communications training programme.
4. Maintain liaison with appropriate officials, including military, pertaining to communications.
5. Provide guidance and co-ordination of overall long and short-term communications requirements.
6. Plan and establish communications requirements to facilitate procurement and installation of communications equipment.
7. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.