189-1 Computer IT Engineer Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree in computer science, or equivalent qualification.
2. Strong experience in systems study related to aviation and airport services.
3. Sound knowledge of computer software related to the specified tasks.
4. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Based on the review of the automation needs and on the requirements outline contained in the ICAO report, prepare system analysis and design studies. The consultant will make systems design upon which the computer programmes development will take place, including but not limited to, the following work programmes:
a) identify the required management information systems (MIS) and the appropriate hardware and software facilities;
b) incorporate in the network system the CAA headquarters management, international airport terminal operations and the air traffic control activities for generating online management information system;
c) establish a computer controlled network system of international passenger terminal building;
d) establish the necessary software to incorporate in the network system the newly established flight data system at the airports;
e) establish an integrated software to incorporate software to the AIP Manual in the network system;
f) design an integrated software system that includes: general ledger sub-system; accounts receivable sub-system, accounts payable sub-system, payroll sub-system; personnel record sub-system; CAA operations sub-system; management information sub-system; and warehousing (stock management).
2. Prepare computer and peripheral equipment requirements and specifications. The consultant will prepare the hardware and software requirements and specifications for the purchase of the required equipment.
3. Prepare a tender document for developing the computerization programmes required.
4. Prepare a tender document for the procurement, installation, commissioning of the proposed network system, and for the computer programme development, testing and finalizing based on the system analysis and design developed.
5. Prepare a recommendation to establish a reliable computer system spare parts programme.
6. Prepare recommendations to establish a reliable spare parts plan for ensuring effective hardware maintenance, including establishment of a workshop or contracting out such a service.
7. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.