189-11 Airport Operations/Management Expert (Prospective Post)
1. A degree or appropriate qualifications in civil aviation field, with training in airport management field.
2. Ten years experience in management of an airport.
3. Experience in various aspects of aerodrome management such as technical, operational, personal administration and commercial fields.
4. Knowledge of technical aspects of aircraft operations and associated ground activities at airports.
5. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Assess airport management structure and airport personnel qualifications and capabilities as well as any available by laws, regulations and procedures on airport operation and management.
2. Assess available ground operation equipment, passenger terminal facilities, aviation security and other controls, if any, on the access to the air side.
3. Review previous ICAO fact-finding mission reports and/or the findings and recommendations of a civil aviation master plan (if one is available) regarding the status of major airport(s).
4. In light of the assessments, reviews and discussions with airport and national airline officials, prepare: proposals for upgrading the airport management structure and introduction of essential regulations and procedures as well as improvement of security procedures and access to the air side; human resources requirements for airport management and operations and proposals for the training of existing or new personnel; a detailed list of equipment required for ground handling of aircraft, passengers and air freight at the airport;proposals for any other improvements related to airport operations and management including parking areas, use of passenger terminal facilities, possible commercial activities, etc.
5. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.