189-11 Airport Mechanical Engineering Expert (Prospective Post)
1. University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent academic qualifications and training.
2. Extensive experience at a responsible leve1 in the installation, maintenance, and operation of mechanical facilities specifically for airports such as air-conditioning, heating and ventilating, fuel water and sewage systems.
3. Familiar with the latest manufacturing and design criteria.
4. Report preparation ability essential.
5. Familiarity with ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
6. A good command of oral and written English, French or Spanish is essential.
1. Judgment/decision–making: Proven ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments, to exercise mature judgment, to recognize key issues and analyze relevant information, to make feasible recommendations and to take sound decisions.
2. Communication: Ability to write clearly and concisely and to present articulate verbal reports.
3. Teamwork: Ability to work with colleagues to achieve the project goals and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multinational environment.
4. Leadership, vision and management of performance: Demonstrated ability to plan and guide the work of a technical team in a multinational environment, to identified priorities and adjust them as required.
5. Client Orientation: Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external collaborators, to work and advocate effectively in a consensus-based system and to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
6. Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in professional field.
7. Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary office automation equipment, software, databases.
1. Serve as the senior mechanical engineer for maintenance activities.
2. Report on construction progress in the mechanical field and take recommended course of action on problem areas.
3. Supervise the inspection of maintenance and operations activities in the mechanical field carried out by contracts.
4. Review proposals for projects covering design, plans and specification for mechanical facilities.
5. Initiate proposals for corrective action on discrepancies in existing facilities in the mechanical field.
6. Review when required, budgetary estimate for mechanical facilities.
7. Train nationals as counterpart engineers when required.
8. Perform other related duties as may be required.
In accordance with the ICAO Technical Co-operation Bureau (TCB) grading system.